These courses are designed for climbers to attend with a partner (ideally your regular climbing partner). There must be a minimum of 2 climbers with a maximum of 4. If you don’t have a friend you would like to attend with, we may be able to pair you up with another climber. Call to inquire about this option.
- Minimum 2 climbers
- Maximum ratio: 4:1
- Private rate (1:1 ratio) $750
- May 30-31, July 11 – 12, August 8 – 9
- Private courses can be scheduled anytime between May 1 – Oct 15
Contact us via email or call 509-996-3194 for details.
Day One: We will use one of several local rock climbing sites where we can focus on all components of rock rescue individually.
Topics will include:
- Anchoring methods and attachment
- Belaying methods – pros and cons
- Friction hitches
- Belay escapes
- Raising systems (2:1 through 9:1)
- Lowering systems
- Knot passes
- Ascending systems
Day Two: We will review the skills learned on day one and introduce the following topics:
- Improvised harnesses
- Rappelling Review
- Simultaneous rappels
- Rigging tandem rappels
- Counterbalance rappels
- Multi-rappel anchor transition
- The blending of all skills in complex rescue scenarios
All skills will be taught by AMGA trained guides based on the most up-to-date industry standard techniques. All participants will be closely monitored and attached to safety backup systems during practice sessions.