Being located on the Eastern slope of the North Cascades, we typically have much better weather than on the west side of the mountains (Mazama receives 12″ of annual rainfall compared to Seattle’s 40″!). That said, we cannot control the weather and there are times when the weather will not allow for a safe experience in the mountains. Typically we will first try and choose an objective that will allow us the best chances of good weather and safe climbing conditions. Sometimes even this is not possible and we will try and reschedule the trip. In the end the guide will make the decision as to whether or not it is feasible to go out given the weather. With proper equipment we have found that it is rarely as bad as you think it will be.