Here you will find a list of what we consider to be among the best climbs in the North Cascades. While certainly not a comprehensive list, this group of climbs offers a wide variety of difficulties and some of our favorite routes at each level of difficulty. If you would like more information on these climbs or other classics in the North Cascades please click on the links provided or contact the office directly.
Level 1 Climbs
These are moderate climbed that most entry level climbers are capable of climbing with a guide. The climbs listed here require little or no previous climbing experience. Any of these climbs can be preceded by a day of skills training to give you the necessary experience to confidently and safely accomplish these climbs.
Level 2 Climbs
These climbs require familiarity with a variety of climbing techniques, a good degree of fitness and the ability to travel quickly.
Level 3 Climbs
Climbs in this category demand a high level of fitness, solid rock and/or ice climbing skills. These are challenging and rewarding climbs where speed, good weather and teamwork all play critical roles in the outcome of the climb. Those wishing to attempt any of these climbs should have previous alpine rock and/or ice climbing experience.
- Lexington Tower – East Face 5.9+
- Burgundy Spire – North Face 5.8+
- North Early Winter Spire – Northwest Corner 5.9+
- Mount Shuksan – North Face
- Mount Buckner – North Face
- Mount Baker – North Ridge
- Dorado Needle – Southwest Buttress 5.7
- Mount Triumph – Northeast Ridge 5.6
Level 4 Climbs
These climbs are the hardest in the area and generally are attempted only with clients who have the requisite experience needed for such demanding routes. That said, these classic lines are superb. Each of these climbs has a unique character and was chosen to be part of this group for a specific reason. Come challenge yourself on these classic test pieces with one of our expert guides.
- North Early Winter Spire – West Face 5.11a
- South Early Winter Spire – Direct East Buttress 5.10a C0, or 5.11a
- Goat Wall – Sisyphus 5.11a
- Liberty Bell – Liberty Crack 5.10b C2
- Chianti Spire – Rebel Yell 5.10b
- Clean Break – Juno Tower 5.10b/c
- Eldorado Peak – West Ridge
- Torment-Forbidden Traverse